How your personal information is kept secure
The following list shows some of the measures I have put in place to ensure the safety of your data:
- I have made myself aware of the appropriate handing of personal information and how to respond to a data breach.
- I practice common sense cybersecurity requirements, such as locking screens when away from them, changing passwords regularly on my computer.
How I collect personal information from you
I collect personal information from you about you and your child:
- In face-to-face consultations
- Via email or secure DM from Write Upp
- Via the telephone
- Via postal communications
- When given directly by school staff – over the phone or in person
Categories of personal information that I process I collect standard personal information which can include (but is not limited to):
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Date of birth
- Next of kin details
- Financial details that relate to payments (I do not store card details)
‘Special Category’ personal information
This is personal information specifically relating to your health and can include (but is not limited to):
- Clinical notes
- Assessment results
- Correspondence and communications from other clinical professionals which relates to current or past clinical care
What I use your personal information for
- To enable me to take sufficient information in order to record who you are when booking appointments and so I can communicate with you regarding appointments.
- To ensure I can contact the correct person at your child’s school with information about appointments.
- To fulfil my Legal Obligation, which requires me to maintain complete records relating to the health care services I supply to you and your child.
Sharing your personal information
I may need to share your information with other people or organisations for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice. I will, where required, share the minimal amount of your personal data as appropriate with the other people or organisations I am communicating with:
- Doctors and other health-care professionals (and their administrative staff such as secretaries).
- People or organisations that I am required by law or my regulatory body to share your personal information with.
- A parent or legal guardian (for minors).
- Any person that you have authorised me to share information with.
How long do I keep your personal information for
As I am processing your personal data for provision of health care services, I have a legal obligation to retain this data. Usually I will process or store your personal information for eight years for adults and until their 25th or 26th birthday if a child.
You have the right to view the data and records I hold for you. You can also request that I erase any personal data that I hold about you. This does not include data I am obliged to keep for legal or security purposes.